New Original Ministries, Inc. is a 501c3, organized in 1994 exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. It has a five member Board of Directors. New original Ministries, reflects our mission to provide economic self-help programs. This corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational scientific purposes, including but not limited to: providing spiritual development using a threefold approach that encompasses teaching, caring and supporting those in need. Our commitment is one of vision, inspiration, dedication and service. We shall increase the effectiveness of our citizenry by providing a full range of high quality leadership development through seminars, workshops, resource libraries and self-improvement classes. Our efforts are designed to eliminate many of the problems that plague our community, such as drug use/dealing, gang affiliation, and teen pregnancy. These problems often result in youth repeating the cycles of the previous generations which we are trying to break. If left unaddressed, these problems will more than likely result in the youth being imprisoned, becoming drug addicts, having children at an early age (which would result in the youth becoming welfare recipients), and dropping out of school or worse case-death. That being said, the need for after school programming is essential in the South Shore communities in order to help reduce some of the problems.
Some of our current successful programs are as follows:
• Job Readiness Seminars: Topics covered includes attitudes, behavior, dress, time, focus, interview skills, resume' preparation and effective communication.
• Coffee House: Provides an environment by which young and old can express themselves through poetry, song and dance.
• Dance Drill Team: Engaged in a safe environment that balances cognitive development with liberal arts gymnastics, dance, sports.
• After School Program: Includes, but not limited to, academics, computer science, internet access, character development, sports, dance and gymnastics
• Computer Training: Includes, but not limited to, academics, computer science, internet access.
• Comcast Cable Program: Provides free internet access, for computer classes offered during school and after school programs, and Adult Learning.
• Color Guard: Choreography with flags: Ballet, Jazz, and Modern/Interpretative.
• Basketball: Ages 5 – 24
Our staff (which includes volunteers) consists of teachers, entrepreneurs, community leaders and mentors which have enabled New Original Ministries to successfully complete all its past programs within a twelve (12) month time frame. We are a team and will work together, as we have done in the past to ensure that we are as successful with this program as we have been with all others. The end results anticipated with this program are to keep youth out of gangs, implement self-confidence, membership, self-esteem, individual awareness and safety through structured activities. The goal of our programs are to expand the range of choices and opportunities that enable, empower and encourage youth to achieve positive growth and development, improve expectations and capacities for future success, and avoid and/or reduce risk-taking behavior. Youth who continually see poverty, violence and crime around them may feel doomed to repeat the cycle and continue these trends their whole life.
Let us know the details on your project, or whatever it is you're hoping to accomplish. We'll let you know if it's something we can help with. We look forward to hearing from you!